Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Custom Permalinks. 3. In the “product permalinks” section choose “Product slug alone” or “Product slug with category name” if you want to include category slug into URL.
How do I edit a slug in WordPress?
Changing tag slugs is similar. Go to Posts and choose Tags. Find the tags you want to edit and click the Edit button. After you input your tag slug, click Update to save the change.
Permalink settings for WooCommerce can be found at WordPress > Settings > Permalinks. From here you can configure the URL structure for your shop and product pages.
How do I remove a slug from WooCommerce?
You can change this by:
- you can change the permalinks in Settings > permalink > optional > Product category base= ./ (type ./ in Product category base).
- Be sure that you don’t have any page, post or attachment with the same name (slug) as the category page or they will collide and the code won’t work.
How do I get a product slug in WooCommerce?
4 Answers. A product is a post. To retrieve the post slug, that correspond to post_name post field, from the post ID, the get_post_field() function can be used.
How do you edit a slug?
To change a category slug, go to the admin sidebar and select Posts » Categories. Select the category slug you want to change and click the Edit button. Now, type in your new slug and click Update to save the change, just like we did with the post slug above.
How do I change my slug URL?
To edit an event URL slug:
- In the Home menu, click Pages, then click an events page.
- Hover over the event in the side panel and click …, then click Settings.
- Click the Options tab.
- Enter a new URL slug in the Event URL field. Only the specific event URL slug can be edited here. …
- Click Save.
What you need to do to achieve pretty permalinks
- Go to your ‘settings’ and open ‘permalinks’. The first section are the ‘common settings’. …
- Next, the ‘optional section’. You can leave this totally blank. …
- The last step is the ‘productpermalink base’. Select the ‘custom base’ option, the last line. …
- Save the changes.
In order to set up permalinks, follow the steps listed below:
- Open your WordPress admin panel and navigate to Settings -> Permalinks. Scroll down to see Product permalink base:
- You will see the list of available options: …
- Select the desired structure and save changes:
You can fix broken permalinks in WordPress by resetting the permalink settings, replacing . htaccess file with default code, and sorting all conflicting plugins. … This error means that you are facing an issue of a broken permalink, or a link to another website that is designed to remain unchanged.
How do I remove product category from URL WordPress Yoast?
How to remove the category prefix with Yoast SEO
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘SEO’. On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. …
- Click on ‘Search Appearance’. …
- Click on the ‘Taxonomies’ tab.
- Toggle the ‘Category URLs’ switch. …
- Save your changes.
How do I change the category of a URL in WooCommerce?
To change your bases of tags and categories, go to your admin dashboard, and then go to Settings > Permalinks:
- Under the Optional section, change the existing bases by the ones you want and click Save Changes. …
- When you add a new category, enter a specific slug that defines your category.
How do I remove category from product page?
STEPS TO REMOVE PRODUCT META CATEGORIES
- Open WordPress admin panel, go to Appearance > Editor.
- Open function.php theme file.
- Add the following code at the bottom of function.php file.
- Save the changes.
- Refresh the product page, now the description heading is gone.
What is product slug?
Slugs are a “URL friendly” version of the product or category name. They are typically lowercase, contain no special characters and hyphens are used in place of spaces. For instance a product called 5oz Modelling Hammer might have the following slug: 5oz-modelling-hammer.
How do I find my WooCommerce product ID?
A second option is to head over the Products page in your WordPress Admin. In this listing, you’ll find the WooCommerce product ID when you hover over a product name. You can additionally search for your product using the product SKU name or product name and hover over the search results to get the Product ID.
How do I get product attributes in WooCommerce?
How to show attributes on the WooCommerce product page
- Go to: Products > Add Product (or edit an existing one).
- Select the Attributes tab in the Product Data section.