There are probably two main ways in which you collect personal information: When your users provide it to you voluntarily (e.g. via order forms, emails, etc.) When you collect it automatically (e.g. via cookies and analytics tools)
Does WooCommerce collect personal data?
Can I get a copy of my personal data? Yes. … If you are the site/store owner, there is a Personal Data Exporter in WordPress, and WooCommerce adds to this file. More info at: Accounts and Privacy.
Is it safe to use WooCommerce?
Is WooCommerce Secure? WooCommerce is built to offer a convenient and secure platform for e-commerce websites. Therefore, WooCommerce is secure by itself. However, it does not protect you against external security threats such as hacks or brute force attacks.
Why you should not use WooCommerce?
WooCommerce out of the box has very little functionality. … WooCommerce requires many plugins to be competitive with other eCommerce functionality. Many WordPress plugins can lead to many conflicts, site speed issues, and high maintenance costs.
Does WooCommerce store customer data?
WooCommerce uses a combination of both WordPress database tables and its own custom tables to store its data. However, WooCommerce doesn’t have a dedicated table to store the customer data. The customer data is stored in different database tables, which sometimes might make retrieval of this data challenging.
Why does WooCommerce need my Social Security number?
This is intended to promote transparency and prevent individuals from using complex company structures to hide terrorist financing, money laundering, tax evasion, and other financial crimes. You can view / update your verification information on the dashboard.
How do I protect WooCommerce?
11 security tips for WooCommerce stores
- Update WordPress to the latest version. …
- Use security plugins. …
- Choose a secure and reliable hosting. …
- Create strong usernames and passwords. …
- Use 2FA. …
- Add SSL certificate. …
- Do backups regularly. …
- Limit login attempts.
How do I make WooCommerce more secure?
WooCommerce Security: The Eight Things You Should Do First
- Choose a reputable host. …
- Create (and safely store) strong passwords. …
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) …
- Prevent brute force attacks. …
- Add an extra layer of site protection. …
- Check and adjust your FTP settings. …
- Always update your site. …
- Regularly back up your store.
Is WooCommerce free to use?
WooCommerce and WordPress are both free, open-source software. … One of the reasons many people choose WooCommerce is because, like the software itself, costs are customizable — you have a lot more control over what you spend and when than with most other eCommerce platforms.
How do I use WordPress WooCommerce?
- Create a free account on WooCommerce.com. Sign-up for an account on WordPress.com and WooCommerce.com. Select from: A pre-installed solution with a trusted host. …
- Install WooCommerce. Download the WooCommerce plugin. Download the plugin. Go to your website.
What is the disadvantages of using WooCommerce?
Disadvantages of Using WooCommerce
- It’s WordPress Specific. WooCommerce is still a plugin; hence you cannot use it in sites that WordPress doesn’t host. …
- It has Many Expenses. While it’s free to download and install WooCommerce itself, some extensions might require payment so your site can operate at optimum capacity.
What is better than WooCommerce?
WooCommerce alternatives you can’t afford to ignore
- WP Easy Cart.
- eCommerce Product Catalog Plugin.
- Shopify + WP Shopify.
- Easy Digital Downloads.
How can I get customer details in WooCommerce?
For example. $data[‘Address’] = $customer->get_address() . ‘ ‘ . $customer->get_address_2(); $data[‘ZipCode’] = $customer->get_postcode();
How do I access my WordPress database?
To find the database information, please click My Sites → Settings → Hosting Configuration. You can also use https://wordpress.com/hosting-config to access this section. Once there, click the Open phpMyAdmin Button to get started. A new tab will open and you’ll be prompted to click a link to proceed to your Database.