Step 1: Download the certificate from a third-party SSL authority. Step 2: Open your hosting account, go to cPanel. Step 3: Open SSL/TLS and click on Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates. Step 4: Under the Upload a New Certificate section, upload the certificate.
How do I add an SSL certificate to my website?
How to Install an SSL/TLS Certificate In Web Host Manager (WHM)
- Your server certificate. This is the certificate you received from the CA for your domain. …
- Your intermediate certificates. …
- Your private key. …
- Log in to WHM. …
- Enter Username/Password. …
- Go to your Homepage. …
- Click SSL/TLS. …
- Click Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain.
How do I find my SSL certificate in WordPress?
Log into your WordPress dashboard, then select Settings > General. Here, check that both your WordPress Address and Site Address begin with “https://”. If not, change these URLs. The Really Simple SSL plugin also handles this step for you.
How do I renew SSL certificate in WordPress?
Installing an SSL certificate and using HTTPS is a great start for securing your WordPress website.
- Generate a new CSR.
- Activate your SSL certificate.
- Validate your SSL renewal.
- Install and renew your SSL certificate.
How do I import an SSL certificate?
Right-click on the certificate you want to backup and select ALL TASKS > Import. Follow the certificate import wizard to import your primary certificate from the . pfx file. When prompted, choose to automatically place the certificates in the certificate stores based on the type of the certificate.
How do I renew my SSL certificate?
Renew an SSL/TLS certificate
- Step 1: Generate CSR. To renew an SSL/TLS certificate, you’ll need to generate a new CSR. …
- Step 2: Sign in to your account. Sign in to your CertCentral account.
- Step 3: Fill out the renewal form. …
- Step 4: DigiCert issues the SSL/TLS certificate. …
- Step 5: Install your renewed SSL/TLS certificate.
How do I add a free SSL certificate to my WordPress site?
Follow the step-by-step details to create your own SSL certificate for free.
- Login to your website’s cPanel.
- Go to the Security Option.
- Find the Let’s Encrypt option or Secure Hosting option and click it.
- Select your Domain Name and fill other options such as email address if asked.
- Click Install or Add Now option.
How do I get a SSL certificate for WordPress?
How to Get an SSL Certificate and Install It on Your WordPress…
- Step 1: Choose a Certificate Authority. …
- Step 2: Purchase and Verify Your SSL Certificate. …
- Step 3: Install Your SSL Certificate. …
- Step 4: Validate the SSL Certificate Is Working. …
- Step 5: Update Links to Your Website. …
- Step 6: Set Up Redirects.
Where do I install SSL certificate?
How to activate your certificate:
- Go to the Websites & Domains tab.
- In the section for the domain name you want to use, click Show More.
- Click Hosting Settings.
- In the Security section, select SSL support.
- Select the Certificate you created, and then click OK.
How do I update my website security certificate?
To do this, follow these steps:
- In Windows Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended). …
- Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
- Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
- On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.
Where is SSL certificate on server?
To view certificates for the current user, open the command console, and then type certmgr. msc. The Certificate Manager tool for the current user appears. To view your certificates, under Certificates – Current User in the left pane, expand the directory for the type of certificate you want to view.
How do I copy a SSL certificate from one server to another in Linux?
From a high-level standpoint, this process consists of three parts:
- Export the SSL Certificate from its current server. This includes private keys and intermediate certificates.
- Convert the SSL Certificate. This may be superfluous if your new server uses the same format. …
- Import the SSL Certificate on your new server.
How do I install a certificate?
Install the Intermediate certificate.
- Click File and select Add/Remove Snap In.
- Click Add, select Certificates, and then click Add again.
- Select Computer Account and then click Next. …
- Select Certificates in the MMC. …
- Right-click on Certificates, choose All Tasks, and then choose Import.