Click the “Update File” button at the bottom of the page. WordPress now displays the description for each post tag at the top of its archive page.
What is tag description WordPress?
Meta keywords and meta description are HTML meta tags. They form part of your website’s header code. They don’t appear on your page or post for visitors to see. … WordPress SEO plugins make it super easy for you to add them from your WordPress admin area for each post and page on your website.
Depending on the theme and widgets you have activated, tags can be displayed at the top or bottom of posts or pages, on the individual post view, and/or in the sidebar. Some themes use tags to create featured content on home pages.
How do I get a tag title in WordPress?
First you need to click on the “Edit snippet” button, which will open up some input fields. The first one you will see will say “SEO title” – this is the one you want to edit if you want a custom title tag in WordPress. By default you will see it has: Title, Page, Separator and Site title written in there.
How do I find the category of a tag in WordPress?
4 Answers. There is no native way in WordPress to do this. The reason being that tags are not tied to categories, they are separate. That being said, the only way to get all tags IN USE by a specific category is to cycle through every post of the category and grab the tags of each post.
Here are some of the steps I take to keep my WordPress tags SEO-friendly.
- Distinguish Between Categories And Tags. Creating a category and a tag for the same term is usually a bad idea. …
- Noindex Your Tag Archives. …
- Only Use Tags If You Need Them.
Great Tips On Using WordPress Categories & Tags
- Do extensive keyword research. …
- Make an organizational structure before publishing. …
- Using WP.com tags & WP.org Tags carefully. …
- Don’t make separate categories for authors. …
- Avoid singular vs plural dilemma on categories & tags. …
- Avoid duplication while using categories & tags.
If you have a blog on your WordPress site, you can label the posts with different categories and tags. These are ways to sort the articles into taxonomies, so people can find more articles on the same topic quickly and efficiently. … WordPress tags have no effect on SEO, or the ranking of a given article.
First thing you need to do is install and activate the Post Tags and Categories for Pages plugin. Once activated, go to Pages » Add New and you will find post categories and tags now available for your pages too. That’s it.
To add tags to a new post, go to your blog’s admin area > Posts > Add New. When you write your new post, add a tag to it by typing the tag word in the Tags field on the right and click on Add. You can add as many tags as you want.
How do I find the title of a WordPress blog?
How to Display the Title for the Posts / Blog Page in WordPress
- In the WordPress Dashboard visit ‘Pages’ -> ‘Add New’
- Title your page; we will title it ‘Blog’ for the purposes of this tutorial.
- Publish the page.
How do I find the title of my WordPress blog?
‘name’ – Site title (set in Settings > General) ‘description’ – Site tagline (set in Settings > General) ‘wpurl’ – The WordPress address (URL) (set in Settings > General) ‘url’ – The Site address (URL) (set in Settings > General)
How do I show page titles in WordPress?
How To Get Current Page Title In WordPress
- get_the_title() : to get current post/page/any post type title.
- single_cat_title() : to get current category title. There’re sibling functions for tags and terms as well: single_tag_title() and single_term_title()
- get_bloginfo() : to get the blog name.