Sign in to your WordPress dashboard. Go to Appearance → Customize. In the website customization menu, click on Footer. You can edit the footer by using widgets to add new sections or by editing the content and style of the footer bar.
If your footer is part of a global group:
- Click the footer to select the global group in the inspector.
- Click the More dropdown menu and select Edit global group. You’ll be brought to a new tab in the design manager where you can edit the individual modules in the global group.
How to Edit Footer Widget in WordPress?
- Click on the down arrow in the top right corner of the sections to expand them vertically.
- Here, you can add Text, HTML, Images, Videos and more using the available widgets provided by various plugins and theme you are using.
- Make the changes in the footer and then click ‘Save’
Edit your existing headers and footers
- Double-click the header or footer you want to edit, or select Header or Footer, and then select Edit Header or Edit Footer.
- Add or change text for the header or footer or do any of the following: …
- When you’re done, select Close Header and Footer or press Esc.
In the WordPress admin panel, click Appearance > Customize. To remove the header, click Header > Header layout and for the Layout setting select None. To remove the footer, click Footer > Footer layout and for the Layout setting select None.
Method #1: via the WordPress Theme Customizer
- Go to Appearance > Customize on the WordPress dashboard.
- Click Footer > Bottom Bar.
- Either Disable Footer Credits, or put your own text in Edit Footer Credit.
Adding a Footer Using Customize
- There are few ways to get into the Customize option to make changes to the theme. …
- Click on Widgets in the menu.
- Click on the Footer that you want to use. …
- Click on the Add a Footer button.
- You will a Select the widget that you want to use for your footer. …
- Edit your added widget.
Navigate to Footer Styles tab and enable Show Footer Logo option. In Logo Upload block, click on Select image and choose the suitable logo image from Media Library. Otherwise, you can upload it from your hard drive. Now click on Save and Publish button to save the changes.
Auto Update Footer Copyright Year with PHP
- Open up your text editor and FTP software. …
- Open up footer. …
- Copy all the code in your Parent theme’s footer. …
- Create a new file within your child theme and title it footer. …
- Paste the code you copied from your parent theme’s footer into the new footer.
Footer widgets are a common feature in WordPress themes. They are typically broken up into columns of three or more, which each column containing its own widget area. Three footer widget columns, as seen in the Adaline theme demo. … Backend view of a WordPress site not using one of its footer widget areas.
In order to change the amount of columns you should navigate to Appearance > Customize section in your WordPress Dashboard. Access the Footer tab and check for the Footer styles. Change the Widget Area Columns option value and save your edits using Save & Publish button.
Method 2: How to Change the Copyright Footer in WordPress
- Log in to the WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Customise.
- Look to see if you have a Footer option.
- If you do, select Footer > Bottom Bar. From there, you’ll be able to disable the footer or put in your own text.
- If you have the Copyright Area option.
Double-click the footer that you want to change, and uncheck the “Link to previous” checkbox under the Design tab (for Word 2018) or the “Header & Footer tools” tab (for earlier versions). The footer can now be edited independently of others. Repeat as needed for every page that requires a different footer.
You can go back to editing the main text by selecting the Close Header and Footer option on the right side of the ribbon. The information in the header or footer is repeated in every header or footer in the document.