The Leave a Reply text can be edited in your WP Admin Dashboard. You can access dashboard by adding /wp-admin to the end of your site’s url. Then go to Settings → Discussion and scroll down Comment Form. The Prompt field allows you to customize the text that displays above the comment form on your site.
How do I remove leave a comment in WordPress?
To do that, go to Settings » Discussion from the left sidebar of your WordPress admin panel. On this page, you need to uncheck the option that says “Allow people to post comments on new articles” and then click on the Save Changes button to store your settings. This will disable comments on all your future posts.
How do I change the comment template in WordPress?
Enable paged comments within WordPress by going to Settings > Discussion , and checking the box “Break comments into pages” . You can enter any number for the “top level comments per page”. Open your comments. php template file and add the following line where you want the comment pagination to appear.
How do I edit text on a WordPress page?
To edit texts within WordPress posts, click on Posts in your WordPress dashboard. Next, click on the title of the post you want to edit – this will take you to the text editor. Click within the editor at the point you want to add text and a cursor would appear. You can now type in, or paste your text.
How do I reply to comments on WordPress?
To respond to a comment that someone has written on one of your Posts, simply hover the mouse over the comment and click the Reply link when it appears. An edit field will then appear beneath the comment where you can type your reply.
How do I turn off comments?
At the top-right corner of the post, click the three dots. In the three-dots menu, click “Turn Off Commenting.” And immediately, Facebook will disable comments on that post. The existing comments will be retained, though.
How do I turn off comment moderation in WordPress?
Turning off comment moderation in WordPress
Find the section titled “Before a comment appears” and uncheck the two boxes “Comment must be manually approved” and “Comment author must have a previously approved comment”. Hit “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page and you’re done.
How do I style comments in WordPress?
Styling Comment Reply Link in WordPress Comments
To enable threaded comments, go to your WordPress admin (Settings » Discussion). Look at the section where it says other comment settings, and check the box for enable threaded (nested) comments.
How do I add a custom comment in WordPress?
Adding Custom Comment Fields in WordPress
Click on the Comment Fields tab. The plugin offers four options to add to your comment fields. These include select box, radio input, checkbox, and the traditional text input. Click and drag the option you want into the box on the right.
How do I add a comment to a WordPress post?
- Upload the plugin folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Visit the settings page under Comments > Comment Form to customize the form.
How do I edit text on a website?
How to edit a website using developer tools
- Open any web page with Chrome and hover your mouse over the object you want to edit (ie: text, buttons, or images).
- Right-click the object and choose “Inspect” from the context menu. …
- Double-click the selected object and it will switch to edit mode.
How do you edit something on WordPress?
How to edit your WordPress site content
- Log in to your WordPress back-end. Your WordPress site’s back-end or “administration area” is where content creation and editing happens. …
- Go to the Pages section. …
- Edit the page. …
- The Visual Mode Tab. …
- The Text View Tab. …
- Adding an Image / Media. …
- Image Settings. …
- Save Your Changes.
How do you format text in WordPress?
The way you format text in WordPress is actually very similar to doing it in Word. Using the Visual Editor, you just highlight the piece of text you want to style, then with the click of a button you can make it bold or italic, turn it into a bulleted or numbered list, centre it, or turn it into a link.
How do I enable comments on WordPress without approval?
Change comment approval settings in WordPress
- Log in to WordPress.
- Go to Settings > Discussion.
- Locate the Before a comment appears section.
- Check or uncheck the box next to the lines: …
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save Changes.
- Try to comment without being signed in, to see if the settings have changed.
How do I comment on WordPress blog?
11 Ways to Get More Comments on Your WordPress Blog Posts
- Get a Better WordPress Hosting. …
- Use Comment Moderation Instead of Captcha. …
- Allow Users to Subscribe to Comments. …
- Notify Users on Replies to Their Own Comments. …
- Show Newest Comments First. …
- Turn on Comments for Old Posts. …
- Showcase Your top Commenters.