How do I change the order of my posts on WordPress?
Simply navigate to the Products » All Products page and click the ‘Sorting’ link at the top of the page. You will then be able to change the order of your products using drag and drop. To stop sorting, just click the ‘All’ link at the top of the screen.
How do I organize posts in WordPress?
Here’s what you can do to better organize your WordPress:
- Site Structure. The Menu is as good a place as any to start tidying up your WordPress. …
- Review Categories and Tags. …
- Create Internal Links In Your Blog Posts. …
- Check for Broken Links. …
- Clean up the Database.
How do I show post in ascending order in WordPress?
$wp_query->query(‘showposts=24&post_type=movie&order=ASC’ . ‘&paged=’ . $paged); The difference is: “order”, not “orderby”.
Reordering Directly in WordPress Dashboard
- Go to any page on your website.
- Use the Screen Options to drop down the control window.
- Choose the “Page Attributes” checkbox.
- Change the number box under “Order” to adjust the position. The lowest numbers are first.
- Click the “Update” or “Publish” button on the page.
How do I reverse the order of posts in WordPress?
How do you reverse the order of WordPress posts? Probably the easiest way to reverse the order of posts on your WordPress site is to install the Chronological Posts plugin. This plugin simply reverses the post order to be chronological. It’s a simple plugin with no settings or options.
How do I reorder posts within categories?
- Upload the ‘reorder-posts-within-categories’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to the settings page to activate sorting for each categories you choose.
How do I sort my WordPress posts by custom field?
There are two major steps to take to implement a custom post order:
- Add a custom field to posts that can be used as a basis for sorting the posts.
- Implement the custom sort order by modifying the main WordPress loop or building a custom loop and adding it to a sidebar widget or custom page template.
How do I organize my WordPress blog posts into categories?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- In your dashboard, click on Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Post Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.