How do you reorder categories?
To reorder a category or subcategory:
- Click the drop-down next to the category that contains the subcategories you want to reorder.
- Hover over the relevant subcategory.
- Click the Reorder icon , then drag and drop it: Into a new position on the list to reorder the list of subcategories.
How do I organize my WordPress blog categories?
Assign Categories when Adding or Editing a Post
- On the Add New/Edit Post screen, look for the Categories panel (at right). …
- In the Categories panel, check the category name(s) to assign the post to. …
- On the Publish panel (top right), click Save Draft, Publish or Update.
How do I change product categories in WordPress?
Click on Quick Edit option under one of the products. You’ll see the list of categories in the Product Categories block on the right. Check the categories to which you want to assign the product. Click on Update button to save the changes.
How do I reorder my WordPress list?
Simply navigate to the Products » All Products page and click the ‘Sorting’ link at the top of the page. You will then be able to change the order of your products using drag and drop. To stop sorting, just click the ‘All’ link at the top of the screen.
How do I customize a category in WordPress?
Just head to Plugins → Add New and search for “Enhanced Category Pages”.
- Once you’ve installed it, make sure to activate the plugin. …
- Once you click on Enhanced Edit, you’ll see what looks like the normal WordPress Editor:
- Any content that you add here will go straight to your custom category pages.
How do I show Page categories in WordPress?
In menus, go to Appearance → Menus, select categories and click Add to Menus. In the sidebar, go to Appearance → Widgets, then choose the categories that you want to appear in the sidebar and click Add Widget. When you want to show subcategories in the sidebar, drag and drop categories to a Sidebar.
Can WordPress pages have categories?
You can now add Categories to the Pages just like you do it for your Posts. Now you can get the pages with specific category with the help of query post/wp_query.
How do I change the category image in WordPress?
Pick a category and click on Edit and you’ll see an Upload/Edit Image button at the bottom. Clicking on the button opens the Media dialog where you can select an existing image or upload a new one, just like adding a featured image to a post.
Add product categories to your menu
- on the menus page (appearance -> menus ) go to the top and click to display screen options.
- then tick Product Categories (they will appear with the other menu items)
- add the categories that you want to the menu.
- finally save the menu and your done.
How do I reorder posts within categories?
- Upload the ‘reorder-posts-within-categories’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to the settings page to activate sorting for each categories you choose.