To change the link color in WordPress, head to the theme editor, click on the ‘Colors’ tab, and change the link and font color to your desired preferences. You can also change your website’s CSS by adding bracketed text to alter the link’s color. Page builders let you customize the link color, too.
Change the color of a hyperlink
- Select the hyperlink you want to re-color. (How do I insert a hyperlink?)
- On the Home tab of the ribbon, select the Font Color arrow to open the menu of colors.
- Select the color you want for the hyperlink.
CSS link color using an HTML tag
As far as CSS color is concerned, links, or tags, behave in the same way as regular text. This means to change the color of a link all you need to do is use the CSS color property on the anchor tag with whatever color Hex you want, in the example below we use red.
To change the color of links in HTML, use the CSS property color. Use it with the style attribute. The style attribute specifies an inline style for an element. Use the style attribute with the CSS property color to change the link color.
Edit an Existing Link
- Click on the link in the editor.
- Select the Edit button that pops up.
- Edit the URL and hit enter to save the changes.
So, just right-click on the hyperlink and from the context menu select “Edit Hyperlink”. It brings up the edit dialog box. Click on “OK”. The hyperlink is returned to it’s original blue state.
In the Styles menu, hover your mouse pointer over Hyperlink, and click the triangle that appears to the right. … From the drop-down menu that appears, select Modify…. In the “Formatting” section, choose the color you want, and then click OK to save your changes.
To change the color of hyperlink text, click the arrow next to Hyperlink, and then select a color. To change the color of followed hyperlink text, click the arrow next to Followed Hyperlink, and then select a color.
Remove Blue Underline From Link in CSS
- Set the text-decoration Property to none to Remove Blue Underline From a Link in CSS.
- Use Pseudo-Classes for Selection to Remove Blue Underline From a Link in CSS.
- Remove the box-shadow Property to Remove the Underline and Color From a Link in CSS.
The :active selector is used to select and style the active link. A link becomes active when you click on it. Tip: The :active selector can be used on all elements, not only links.