To add an extra menu to the top of your site:
- Go to Appearance > Customize in your dashboard as shown below:
- Go to the Layout Options section:
- Select “Add an extra menu to the top” from the options:
- Then click the “Save & Publish” button at the top to save the settings.
Hit the Save button and head over to Appearance > Menus in your dashboard. You’ll notice your new menus will be listed under Theme Locations in the Menu Settings section. … You can click the create a new menu link or enter a new name for your menu.
Go to Appearance → Customize → Menus → and click on Create a new menu. Enter the menu name, let’s call it Secondary Menu. You can assign this menu to the Secondary Menu display location.
To add a custom navigation menu, the first thing you need to do is register your new navigation menu by adding this code to your theme’s functions. php file. add_action( ‘init’ , ‘wpb_custom_new_menu’ ); You can now go to Appearance » Menus page in your WordPress admin and try to create or edit a new menu.
Creating a Custom Menu in WordPress
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance.
- Click “Menus”
- Name Your Menu.
- Click “Create Menu”
How to Create Subcategories in WordPress (In 3 Steps)
- Step 1: Start Editing a Post & Select the Categories Tab. To get started, navigate to the WordPress post that you want to add to a new subcategory. …
- Step 2: Click on the Add New Category Link. …
- Step 3: Select a Parent Category for Your WordPress Subcategory.
Add a Navigation Menu to Your Sidebar in WordPress
- Log into your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to Appearance>Widgets.
- Find Navigation Menu under Available Widgets, then drag and drop it over to the Sidebar widget area.
- Add a Title for your navigation menu and select the menu you want to use from the dropdown.
- Click Save.