Password-protecting pages on your WordPress website allow you to keep certain areas of your site hidden from the public. It could be you only want site editors or clients to see your login page, or you want to hide parts of your site that are still under construction.
How do password protected pages work on WordPress?
How to Password Protect a WordPress Page
- Log in to your WordPress account.
- Go to Posts, then All Posts.
- Click Edit on a specific page or post.
- Using the Publish menu, change the visibility to Password Protected.
- Enter a password.
- Publish your newly-protected page.
How do I password protect a WordPress site?
To password protect WordPress posts or pages, in the Dashboard, head to the post or page you’d like to protect. Then, in the Publish box, next to Visibility click Edit then select Password Protected. Enter your chosen password then click Update (or Publish if the post or page is yet to be published).
How do I password protect a WordPress post?
When writing posts, there is an option called Visibility, which is set to Public by default. If you click Edit, then you will see options such as Password Protected and Private. Simply click on Password Protected to add a password to your post.
How do I bypass a password protected WordPress post?
How to Bypass WordPress Sitewide Password Protection
- Bypass the whole site. Whitelist specific user roles. Generate sitewide quick access links. Whitelist specific IP addresses.
- Bypass sitewide protection partially. Exclude specific pages. Exclude all pages under a post type. Use quick access links of individual pages.
Who can see private pages in WordPress?
A WordPress private page and posts are not visible to the public. In other words, visitors can’t see the content even if they know the URL. It is only available for authorized users who are logged in to the Dashboard.
How do I remove protection from WordPress?
WordPress Remove Protected from Title
First go with WordPress Dashboard >Appearance >Editor section. By this you can change or remove the “Protected:” text if needed. Save your changes and see that changes on your page or post. Now Save changes and check the page once again.
Why is my WordPress password protected page not working?
WordPress site owners are keen on caching plugins to speed up their sites. … At this point, please try to clear the cache on your browser first to resolve the issue when your WordPress password protect page not working. If you’re also using any caching plugins, make sure that you do a full cache clear. That’s it!
How do you password protect a website?
About This Article
- Log in to your site’s web editor.
- Go to the Pages area.
- Select a page to protect.
- Open the page’s settings.
- Enable the password feature.
- Set a password.
- Save your changes.
How do you password protect a file?
First, open the Office document you would like to protect. Click the File menu, select the Info tab, and then select the Protect Document button. Click Encrypt with Password. Enter your password then click OK.
How do I make my WordPress site private?
How to Make Your Whole Site Private (on WordPress.com) This is a lot easier than the whole thing with the plugin. Just go to the menu on the left, to Manage > Settings. Scroll down until you see the privacy options, then click on Private.
How do I password protect my blog?
1) Create or edit the page/post you want to password protect. 2) On the right side of the page above the Publish/Update button, you’ll see Visibility, which by default will be set to Public. Click Edit. 3) You can then select the Password Protected option.
How do I access a protected WordPress blog?
Head to Settings → Protected Categories. You’ll see the option Show Protected. This doesn’t affect the visibility of post content on your site. However it does affect whether your post categories and any blog titles within those categories are public.