Log in to the WordPress Admin Dashboard with the username and password you set for the new website. In the left-hand menu, go to Settings -> General Settings. In the dashboard area, Site Title and Tagline are the first sections you have to customize: The site title should represent your brand.
Where is the tagline in WordPress?
In many WordPress themes, these elements appear at the top of every page – often within the header. The title is typically the name of your site, while the tagline is a short phrase or sentence underneath.
How do I find the title of a WordPress site?
‘name’ – Site title (set in Settings > General) ‘description’ – Site tagline (set in Settings > General) ‘wpurl’ – The WordPress address (URL) (set in Settings > General) ‘url’ – The Site address (URL) (set in Settings > General)
How do I change my site title and tagline in WordPress?
How to Edit Site Title in WordPress
- Go to “Themes” section and click “Customize.”
- Choose “Site title, tagline, and Logo” section or just press the title.
- Type in an edited title and tick the Display Header Text box.
- “Save changes” and restart the page.
Where is the tagline on a website?
A tagline is a short piece of text that tells the world what your site is about. Taglines in Squarespace usually display near the site title or logo, to help reinforce your brand.
Why is my WordPress tagline not showing?
In case it is not displayed on your website by default, please navigate to Appearance > Editor. Open file static-logo. php from the list on the right. Make sure you have selected themeXXXXX files.
How do I find the title of a WordPress blog?
How to Display the Title for the Posts / Blog Page in WordPress
- In the WordPress Dashboard visit ‘Pages’ -> ‘Add New’
- Title your page; we will title it ‘Blog’ for the purposes of this tutorial.
- Publish the page.
How do I find the title of a website?
If you have trouble finding the “
How do I change the tagline font in WordPress?
Please login to wp-admin dashboard. Then go to Appearance >> Customize >> Additional CSS and add following CSS to change font size of title and tagline. Please change size as per your requirement.
How do I change my site title on Google WordPress?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
How do I edit WordPress site description?
How to Change a WordPress Meta Description
- Launch your browser and log into your blog at WordPress.com.
- Click the “Settings” icon on the Dashboard panel to the left.
- Click the “General” menu item.
- Type your new description into the input box labeled “Tagline.”
- Click the “Save Changes” button to save your new Tagline.
How do I get a tagline?
Taglines are often overcomplicated and underwhelming. Here are 10 ways to make yours pop, courtesy of successful young entrepreneurs.
- Keep It Simple. …
- Avoid the Marketing Meeting Effect. …
- Tell a Story. …
- Explain Your Offering. …
- Communicate With Clarity. …
- Describe Who You Are. …
- Require a Double Take. …
- Keep It Short and Simple.