What are translations in WordPress?
On WordPress.org, anyone with an account can translate any project into any language. These translations must then be approved by translation editors (previously called validators).
How do I use translation in WordPress?
To translate your website, you can simply click on the ‘Translate Site’ tab on plugin’s settings page or the button in your WordPress admin bar. This will open the live translation editor in a new browser tab.
What is a translation plugin?
These plugins allow you to translate your website using automated translation services or by manually providing translations for some parts of your website.
Where are WordPress translations stored?
The translation files are located in the /wp-content/plugins/wp-store-locator/languages folder. But if you want to create your own translation files, then it’s recommended to create a wp-store-locator folder inside /wp-content/languages, and save the new translations there.
What is the best translation plugin for WordPress?
Best Language Translation Plugins for WordPress
- Lingotek Translation.
- Google Language Translator.
- Google Website Translator.
How do I translate a WordPress site without plugins?
2. Add Languages to WordPress. Without any “multilingual” plugin, WordPress allows you to choose the language of the site, but only one language. With WPML, you can add as many languages as you need to the same site.
How do I add a translator to WordPress?
- Navigate to wp-admin → Loco Translate → Plugins.
- You can see available plugins on this page, click on a plugin name that you want to translate.
- Click on Advanced tab and configure the following options. …
- Click on + New Language button.
- Choose a language & click on Start Translating button.
How do I translate my WordPress website into Spanish?
Visit Appearance » Menus page on your site. If you have more than one menus, then select the menu you want to translate. In the right-hand column, you will see your menu with links to translate into other languages enabled on your site. Clicking on a language will create a new menu for that language.
How do I translate a website plugin?
In a web browser, go to translate.google.com. At the bottom of the page, click Website Translator. On your first time visiting the Website Translator, you see a page asking you to add your website. Click the blue Add to Your Website Now button.
How can I add translator to my website?
Launch Google Chrome and go to the Google Translate website i.e. translate.google.com. Type the entire URL of your website in the text box on the left. Select the new language you wish to translate your website into. Click the Translate button.
How do I set up a store locator in WordPress?
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to the plugins menu and click “Add New”
- Search for “WP Store Locator”
- Click “Install Now”
- Visit Store Locator > Settings to configure the plugin.
Where are Wpml translations stored?
The WPML Advanced Translation Editor translation itself is being done in a special server(external) that is controlled by the WPML Team. When the translation is complete the data is being saved in the site’s DB.