Posts and pages are very different and there is no way to move content automatically from post to a page. It’s a manual copy and paste job. There is only one dynamic page in a blog for posts and we cannot post to more than that one page. But we can create the appearance that we have posted to more than one page.
How do I organize posts in WordPress?
Here’s what you can do to better organize your WordPress:
- Site Structure. The Menu is as good a place as any to start tidying up your WordPress. …
- Review Categories and Tags. …
- Create Internal Links In Your Blog Posts. …
- Check for Broken Links. …
- Clean up the Database.
How do I move a page in WordPress?
Simply go to Pages » All Pages from your WordPress admin panel and start ordering your pages by dragging and dropping them. You can now rearrange your WordPress pages and place them in any order you want.
How do I reorder posts within categories?
- Upload the ‘reorder-posts-within-categories’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to the settings page to activate sorting for each categories you choose.
How do I sort my WordPress posts by custom field?
There are two major steps to take to implement a custom post order:
- Add a custom field to posts that can be used as a basis for sorting the posts.
- Implement the custom sort order by modifying the main WordPress loop or building a custom loop and adding it to a sidebar widget or custom page template.
How do I organize my WordPress blog posts into categories?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- In your dashboard, click on Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Post Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
How do I move items in WordPress?
Hover your mouse pointer over the title bar of the module you want to move. Click and drag the module to the spot you’d like to move it and release the mouse button.
From the menu editor area of the dashboard you simply tick the page you want to add to the menus. It then appears at the bottom of the list of pages (you may have to scroll down to see it) and from there you can drag it into position as you wish.
How do I reorder events in WordPress?
To Reorder the Elements of the Event Details Page:
Login to your WordPress Dashboard (WP-admin) and go to Event Espresso –> Events. Now look for the Templates tab and click on it. Look for the Custom Display Order option and set it to On. Then immediately click on the Save button to save changes.