Download & Customize Easy
- Copy the entire font-awesome directory into your project.
- In the of your html, reference the location to your font-awesome. min. css.
- Check out the examples to start using Font Awesome!
How do I add Font Awesome to WordPress without plugins?
Add Font Awesome to WordPress with File Manager
- Login to your cPanel or hosting dashboard.
- Open the file manager.
- Go to your site WordPress files, usually located in public_html.
- Open wp-content > then themes.
- Find and open the theme file you are currently using. …
- Edit functions.php, paste the code and save.
How to Add Font Awesome Icons to WordPress Menus
- Step 1: Install Font Awesome 4 Menus Plugin. …
- Step 2: Show CSS Classes Options on Menu Screen. …
- Step 3: Enter the CSS Class for the Menu Icon. …
- 21 responses to “How to Add Font Awesome Icons to WordPress Menus”
How do I fix Font Awesome icons not showing in WordPress?
Check your Settings
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance -> Customize -> Advanced options -> Front end icons ( Font Awesome )
- Find and check the option Load Font Awesome resources.
- Save and Publish.
- Clear any cache and browser history.
- Re-visit your website.
How do I use Font Awesome in CSS?
To use font awesome icons as CSS content code follow the below steps. Add a unique CSS class name to the icon element you want to use. Set the font-weight css property as 900 (For Solid), 400 (Regular or Brands), 300 (Light for pro icons). Set the content css property to the unicode value font awesome icon.
Go back to Admin Dashboard and got o Appearance from the left menu and click on Menus. In the new screen, click on Screen option on the top right corner and then check the checkbox ‘Display CSS Classes in Menu Items’ for the menus where you want to add icons to WordPress custom menus without plugins.
How do I add Flaticon to WordPress?
How to use icon font with flaticon
- Prepare your collection. Add monocolor icons to the collection for your website.
- Download iconfont. Open your collection and press the Download collection button, then select Iconfont.
- Copy in your folder. Copy the source files and CSS to your web folder.
- Load the stylesheet. …
- Use the classes.
Can you use Font Awesome in WordPress?
Our official plugin lets you use Font Awesome with WordPress the way you want: Use Free or Pro icons. Leverage the latest release or a specific version of our icons. Choose the tech, either SVG or Web Font.
How do I use Font Awesome icons in Elementor?
How To Use The Font Awesome Pro Icons
- Go to Elementor > Settings > Integrations.
- Scroll down to Font Awesome Pro and enter your Kit ID.
- Click Save Changes.
- Edit the widget that includes an icon.
- Click Icon Library.
- Choose one of the Pro families such as Duotone Pro, select the icon you prefer, and click Insert.
Why are my Font Awesome icons not working?
Make sure you’re using the latest and greatest by updating your CDN code reference, updating your Font Awesome package via npm, or downloading a fresh copy of Font Awesome. … Double-check that the icon you want is in the version of Font Awesome you’re referencing and using.
Why do my Font Awesome icons show up as blank squares?
Link correct font awesome CSS version. No conflict with old and new versions on the same site. Check correct font family. Use proper CSS class.
Why icons are not showing in HTML?
If your page uses HTTPS, do you link to the font-awesome CSS using HTTPS (replace http:// with https:// in the link above). Double check that you don’t have AdBlock Plus or uBlock enabled. They might be blocking some of the icons.