In wp-admin, go to Products > Categories and edit a category to make sure there is a description to display. Save the archive-product. php file above and view your category. You should now see the description.
How do you show category description?
If you want to display a category description inside single posts, then you can add a code snippet to, say, the single. php or footer. php template. If you’re using a child theme, then you need to first copy the template from the parent theme to the child theme folder.
How do I add a description in WooCommerce?
To add the product short descriptions, you’ll follow three steps:
- Create a plugin for the function and activate the plugin.
- Add a function that outputs the product short description.
- Identify the hook in WooCommerce that we need to hook the function to, and attach the function to that hook.
How do I show product description in WooCommerce shop?
The short description for products in WooCommerce utilizes the excerpt that you’d find in normal posts. So to show it, you should simply show the excerpt for the post. It’s as basic as that! Yet, now you have to hook your function to the right activity so that it’s output in the correct place in your archive pages.
What is category description?
A category description is a paragraph or two of content on the page representing an entire category of items for sale. If you have a women’s online clothing store, for example, you might have a unique category description on the pages for tops, bottoms, dresses, sportswear, and accessories.
Which function is used to get category description?
category_description( int $category )
Retrieves category description.
How do I show category names in WordPress?
To display the name of the first category: <? php $cat = get_the_category(); echo $cat->cat_name; ?> 0 displays the first category, so 1 will display the second category, 2 will display the third category, and so on.
How do I enable short description in WooCommerce?
Method #1: Create a WooCommerce product description table to include short description and main description
- Install the plugin. Get the WooCommerce Product Table plugin and install and activate it on your WordPress website. …
- Configure the plugin’s settings. …
- Display your product table on the front-end.
How do I get a product description?
How do you write a good product description?
- Answer important questions before writing. …
- Know your audience. …
- Focus on benefits and features. …
- Use storytelling. …
- Make it easy to read – Use bullet points. …
- Think about SEO – optimise with keywords. …
- Use photos and video.
How do I add video description in WooCommerce?
Product Level Settings:
- At the WooCommerce admin panel, go to Products and add or edit any product.
- Now move to Product Data section and click Featured Video tab. …
- – Enable Featured Video.
- – Link.
- Place video link of YouTube, Vimeo, or Dailymotion here. …
- – Enable Gallery.
- – Add Videos in Gallery.
How do I display product short description in WooCommerce checkout?
How to Display Product Short Description in WooCommerce Checkout
- Go to your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Editor.
- On the right side of editor, you will find several templates click on Theme Functions (functions. php)
- Add the Code at the end of the functions. php file (Backup the file before adding Code)
How do I add a product description in WordPress?
Adding a Simple product is similar to writing a post in WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce > Products > Add Product. You then have a familiar interface and should immediately feel at home.
- Enter a product Title and Description.
- Go to the Product Data panel, and select downloadable (digital) or virtual (service) if applicable.
How do I change a product description in WooCommerce?
Looking for a simple way to Change or Remove the Product Description Title in WooCommerce? I’ve got you covered! Simply add one of the two snippets below to your functions. php file and change the title to whatever you want and you’re good to go!
How do I show tag descriptions in WordPress?
To add a description to a tag, click the “Tags” option under the “Posts” heading of your website’s main menu. Click the “Edit” link under the tag to which you want to add a description, then type the desired text in the “Description” field and click the “Update” button.
How do I view page description in WordPress?
First, go to Search Appearance » Global Settings in your WordPress admin. Then, scroll down to the Home Page section. On this screen, you can easily enter a meta description and keywords, just like you would for a post or page. All in One SEO will use your tagline as your meta description by default.