How to open menu links in a new tab or window
- Step 1: Expand the Screen Options. On your Appearance > Menus page, click the ‘Screen Options’ link in the top right corner.
- Enable the ‘Link Target’ option. …
- Step 3: Enable the ‘Open link in a new tab’ option for a menu item.
Drag menu items left or right in order to create sub-levels within your menu. To make one menu item a subordinate of another, you need to position the ‘child’ underneath its ‘parent’ and then drag it slightly to the right.
How do I make a new tab open with WordPress?
Manually Set Links to Open in a New Tab (for WordPress)
You can easily set external links to open in a new tab in WordPress. In the Classic Editor, just insert your link and click Link Options to open the advanced insert link popup. Then check the box labeled “Open link in a new tab.”
How to Open WordPress Menu Link in New Window
- Look up to the top right corner and click on the Screen Options tab.
- Check the box next to Link Target by clicking on it.
- Click on the menu item that you want to open in a new window and check the box next to “open link in a new window/tab”
To add a custom navigation menu, the first thing you need to do is register your new navigation menu by adding this code to your theme’s functions. php file. add_action( ‘init’ , ‘wpb_custom_new_menu’ ); You can now go to Appearance » Menus page in your WordPress admin and try to create or edit a new menu.
Head over to Appearance » Menus and click on the Screen Options button at the top right corner of the screen. This will bring up a fly down menu where you need to check the box next to ‘CSS Classes’ option. After that, you need to scroll down to the menu item that you want to modify and click to expand it.
How to change my website’s menu navigation in WordPress
- To create or edit a navigation menu on your site, go to Appearance > Customize.
- This will open the customizer. …
- To create a new menu, click on Add a Menu.
- And then type a name for your new menu (this can be anything but should reflect the menus used or location).
Open Link in New Tab
Generally, you can hold down the control button – or the command key on a Mac computer – to open a link in a new tab. You can also click on a link and hold down the mouse without releasing, dragging the link to the browser’s tab bar to open it in a new tab.
Open in a new window
To open a link in a new browser window, hold the Shift on then click the link or right-click the link and select Open link in New Window.
How do I open a new window?
To open a new window, use a keyboard shortcut:
- Windows & Linux: Ctrl + n.
- Mac: ⌘ + n.
To open the link in a new tab, switch the Open in New Window toggle on. To open the link in the same tab, switch the Open in New Window toggle off. If you’re editing in the Squarespace app and don’t see the toggle, use a computer to change how the link opens.