How do I make my WordPress site searchable on Google?
You can check this by going to Settings » Reading page and scrolling down to the Search Engine Visibility option. Make sure to remove the check mark from this option, so search engines can crawl your website. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save changes’ button to store your settings.
Why can’t I find my WordPress site on Google?
If your site is not showing up on Google, it is most likely for one of the following reasons: Google has not yet indexed your website. … You’ve set a page or the site to “noindex,” ticked the “discourage search engines from indexing this site” box in WordPress, or you’ve set another page as the canonical version.
How do I turn on indexing in WordPress?
Allow search engine indexing in WordPress
- Log into WordPress.
- Click Settings > Reading.
- Make sure Discourage search engines from indexing this site is not selected.
Why is my blog not showing up on Google?
Here’s what may be preventing your site from showing up in search results: Google has not yet indexed your website yet (too new) Your website isn’t optimized for search engine crawling. … Your website has been penalized and removed from Google.
How do I SEO my WordPress site?
What Is WordPress SEO?
- Choose a Reliable Hosting Provider. …
- Install an SEO-friendly WordPress Theme. …
- Install a Free WordPress SEO Plugin. …
- Set Your Preferred Domain. …
- Check Your Site’s Visibility Settings. …
- Enable SEO Friendly Permalinks. …
- Verify Your Site with Google Search Console & Submit Your XML Sitemap.
How long does it take for Google to index a site?
Although it varies, it seems to take as little as 4 days and up to 6 months for a site to be crawled by Google and attribute authority to the domain. When you publish a new blog post, site page, or website in general, there are many factors that determine how quickly it will be indexed by Google.
How do I make my website searchable on Google?
Allow Google and other search engines to index your site
- In the Admin Panel, click on Settings > Reading.
- Click Save Changes.
- Google and other search engines will now be allowed to index the site to make it searchable. It may take 6 weeks or more for search engines to revisit your site and discover new content.
How do I make my website visible on Google?
Get your website noticed on Google (and elsewhere) today
- Target your website with keywords.
- Make it easy for Google to crawl your pages.
- Build more website pages.
- Add your website to online directories.
- Get verified by Google.
- Use compelling titles.
- Reach out to sites that have already been noticed by Google.
Why is WordPress not indexing my site?
WordPress comes with a built-in feature that allows you to instruct search engines not to index your site. All you need to do is visit Settings » Reading and check the box next to Search Engine Visibility option. These lines ask robots (web crawlers) not to index your pages.
Where is the index page in WordPress?
For editing on index page in wordpress you can find it in wordpress theme, go to wp-content >> your current theme and edit index page.
How do I make my WordPress site not searchable?
When looking at a post or page, you’ll see an option in the Publish window for “Visibility.” Click the “Edit” link to open privacy settings of WordPress. This will open a drop down section. If you click the “Password protected” or “Private” options, search engines like Google will be unable to crawl the content.
Why is Google not indexing my site?
Google needs to be able to find your pages in order to index them. … This tells Google exactly which pages you want crawled. Many website hosting services create and submit a sitemap for you, so you don’t need to; read your hosting service’s documentation to find out (search for the term “sitemap”).
How do I index my blog on Google?
How to Get Google to Index Your Blog Content Quickly
- Set Up A Google Webmaster Tools Account. …
- Set Up Google Analytics. …
- Ping Google About Your New Content. …
- Submit Your RSS To FeedBurner. …
- Share New Content On Major Social Networks. …
- Bookmark Your Content. …
- Submit URL To Google. …
- Have An On-Going Content Marketing Strategy.