Upon activation, simply go to the Users » Username Updater page and then click the ‘update’ link next to the username you want to change. Now you simply enter the new username and then click the ‘Update Username’ button.
How do I change my WordPress admin login?
- Go to Plugins › Add New.
- Search for Change wp-admin login.
- Download and activate it.
- Go under Settings and then click on “Permalinks” and change your URL under “Change wp-admin login”
- You can change this anytime, just go back to Settings › Permalinks › Change wp-admin login.
How do I change the default login for WordPress?
5 Steps to Changing Your WordPress Login URL
- Step 1: Backup Your WordPress Website. …
- Step 2: Install The WordPress Plugin To Change Login URL. …
- Step 3: Configure The Plugin. …
- Step 4: Update Bookmarks and Share URL With Team. …
- Step 5: Test Your New Login URL.
Why can’t I change WordPress username?
When you go to edit a user, the username is greyed out and there’s a “Usernames cannot be changed” message beside it. You can double check the name change by going back into Users / All Users. You will find the new username in your list. (See image below).
How do I rename my WordPress admin?
To rename the WP-Admin Area, please go to WordPress Admin Panel -> Loginizer Security -> Security Settings. There you will find the Rename WP-Admin Access Setting section. Enter a new wp-admin slug in this section.
How do I change my WordPress login without plugins?
Login through your new URL.
- Create a New File. Create a new file from the text editor and save it into your root folder. …
- Copy and Paste the Code. Next open up the wp-login. …
- Find and Replace the String “wp-login. php” …
- Delete the wp-login. php File. …
- Test Out Your New Login URL.
How do I change my WordPress admin email?
To change the WordPress website email address, go to Settings » General and change the ‘Email Address’ option. Don’t forget to save your changes. WordPress will now save your new admin email address.
How do I change my WordPress username and password in cPanel?
- Log in to cPanel.
- Navigate to the Software section, then click on QuickInstall.
- At the top of the page, click My Installs.
- Locate your WordPress installation.
- Click on the Reset Password link.
- Select the username you wish to change the password for from the dropdown box, then enter a new password.
Should you change wp admin URL?
The main reasons why WordPress administrators would want to change the URL of the WordPress login page are: Hide the fact that you are using WordPress. If visitors know you are using WordPress, they can easily find out your Login page, thus making your site an easier target.