Use the Add Items button to add the post you want, then drag it up and down the menu to put it in the spot you’d like. For a submenu, drag it a little bit to the right, so it’s indented. Then Save & Publish when it looks right in the preview!
Now we want to focus on how to add the submenu page under the custom post type menu.
Add Submenu to Custom Post Type Menu
- Create an action hook to register the submenu with the respective callback functions. …
- Replace the first parameter of the add_submenu_page( ) with the specific edit post type slug example php?
Create Sub Menu Items
- Select pages that you want to use as sub menu item and add them to the menu area. …
- You will see that they are added to the Menu Structure on the right.
- WordPress menu system supports drag and drop. …
- Click on Save Menu to save your setup.
How to Add a Drop-Down Menu: Step by Step
- Step 1: Create Menu Items. To get started, navigate to Appearance > Menus in your WordPress dashboard. …
- Step 2: Set Your Menu Structure. At this stage, your menu is not yet organized. …
- Step 3: Add CSS to Your Menu. …
- Step 4: Preview Your Menu. …
- Step 5: Publish Your Menu.
Used By #Used By
||Add requests pages.
||Add submenu page to the Tools main menu.
||Add submenu page to the Settings main menu.
You can add a submenu to an item in any menu by adding a