Luckily, WordPress is pre-set to have excellent search engine optimization (SEO). This means that when a search engine like Google crawls for web content, your WordPress site has built in tools that make it visible to Google.
How do I get my WordPress site to show up on Google?
You can check this by going to Settings » Reading page and scrolling down to the Search Engine Visibility option. Make sure to remove the check mark from this option, so search engines can crawl your website. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save changes’ button to store your settings.
Why does my WordPress site not show up in Google?
If your site is not showing up on Google, it is most likely for one of the following reasons: Google has not yet indexed your website. … You’ve set a page or the site to “noindex,” ticked the “discourage search engines from indexing this site” box in WordPress, or you’ve set another page as the canonical version.
How long does it take for a WordPress site to show up on Google?
Search engines can take 4-6 weeks or more to show any newly created sites. While not necessary to be included in Google’s index, connecting your site to Google’s Search Console can help Google include your site more quickly.
Does Google rank WordPress sites higher?
In short, when most people talk about SEO they are referring to how high your business is on a Google search results page. … Many Website Designers Claim that Google Ranks WordPress Websites Higher than Website Builder Websites. Is this True? No it is false.
How do I stop Google from indexing my WordPress site?
Disabling search engine indexing for WordPress
- Go to Settings -> Reading in your WordPress Dashboard.
- Mark the “Search Engine Visibility” option to disable search engine indexing.
- Click the blue “Save Changes” button to save your changes.
How do I make Google find my website?
How to get your website noticed by Google
- Target keywords with your website. …
- Make it easy for Google to crawl your pages. …
- Build more website pages. …
- Add your website to online directories. …
- Get verified by Google. …
- Use compelling titles. …
- Reach out to websites and blogs that have already been noticed by Google.
How can my website appear on Google?
Here’s how to get your website on Google:
- Submit your site to Google.
- Lay a link trail.
- Choose the perfect keywords.
- Manage your meta tags.
- Optimize for mobile.
- Prove that you’re a local.
How do I make my blog visible on Google?
To let search engines find your blog:
- Sign in to Blogger.
- In the top left, choose a blog to list.
- From the menu on the left, click Settings.
- Under “Privacy,” turn on Visible to search engines.
How do I SEO my WordPress site?
What Is WordPress SEO?
- Choose a Reliable Hosting Provider. …
- Install an SEO-friendly WordPress Theme. …
- Install a Free WordPress SEO Plugin. …
- Set Your Preferred Domain. …
- Check Your Site’s Visibility Settings. …
- Enable SEO Friendly Permalinks. …
- Verify Your Site with Google Search Console & Submit Your XML Sitemap.
Why is my blog not showing up on Google?
Here’s what may be preventing your site from showing up in search results: Google has not yet indexed your website yet (too new) Your website isn’t optimized for search engine crawling. … Your website has been penalized and removed from Google.
How do I get my website to come up in Google search results?
Follow these suggestions to improve your search engine optimization (SEO) and watch your website rise the ranks to the top of search-engine results.
- Publish Relevant, Authoritative Content. …
- Update Your Content Regularly. …
- Metadata. …
- Have a link-worthy site. …
- Use alt tags.
How long does it take for a blog to show up on Google?
Although it varies, it seems to take as little as 4 days and up to 6 months for a site to be crawled by Google and attribute authority to the domain. When you publish a new blog post, site page, or website in general, there are many factors that determine how quickly it will be indexed by Google.
How do I make my WordPress blog public?
Go to your blog’s dashboard. Select Settings. From there, select Privacy. You’ll see three options: Public, Hidden, and Private.